Wednesday, August 6, 2014

Don't Get All Up in My Bliss-ness

My altered book's first impression is"Whoa, that's not a book anymore." You would be correct. My book is no longer in cover-to-cover format and that has a purpose. I didn't want it to be a typical book when I was done with it because I'm not a typical person. As my aunt says, "Normal is just a setting on the dryer," and she, along with most else of my family, follow that like it's the eleventh commandment. So I'm not normal, I don't have normal roots, and I wanted to reflect that in my project.

Post-Bliss, though, it hit me just what I wanted to with that "non-book-ness."
My art teacher in high school said to me once that all of my art has a pattern: circles. Now, personally I blame that on the fact that my name begins with an O and I've had to make that shape over and over again throughout the years. But it has become so much a part of me that apparently all my artwork shows it. So a circle it shall be.    

So did Bliss help me have creative thoughts. A little bit, but it more or less left me in tears because I chose to read issue 19 of the best comic series ever and it was really sad. Thank God I had ice cream to help comfort me. But it did leave me feeling a bit pampered and that was nice. And I did reach my word goal on my story, so, okay, I'll count it as having helped creatively.

No comments:

Post a Comment