Monday, August 4, 2014

Part the Second

First off, mad shout-out to the class for being so supportive and helpful! I took into consideration your suggestions and as an update the roommate thing is working out okay.

My original hypothesis was that the class would agree with statement of taking a stand and not allowing myself to fall back into the role of "victim." And people did agree with that, but it went further with suggestions of actually interacting and engaging with my roommates.

So that's how I'm adjusting my experiment. Instead of just participating in a group dinner, I'm going to do other activities with said group. For example, go to the movies - and in case you're wondering, yes, Guardians of the Galaxy really is that good - or just hang out in the apartment with for an hour or two. In doing so, I will get more information about my roommates and also about myself. This will allow me to make a better decision about how much interaction I have with them as well as to find things we have in common. So that's my main adjustment.

And lastly, this assignment was tough, but thanks to my classmates, I'm getting through it just fine.  

No comments:

Post a Comment